Alleged incidents occurred at a Harrison County, Indiana, residence.
Harrison County – Around 2 pm on Thursday, May 25, 2023, Investigators and Troopers from the Indiana State Police in Sellersburg arrested a Corydon, Indiana, man for Child Molestation and Sexual Battery involving an adult female.
Detective Chris Tucker, assigned to Indiana State Police -Sellersburg, launched an investigation in February of 2023 after he was contacted by the Indiana Department of Child Services and learned of possible inappropriate or illegal conduct involving a minor. During the investigation, Tucker gained probable cause to believe sexual conduct occurred between Howard G. Dismang, 72, and a child between December 2022 and February 2023. The alleged incidents occurred at a Harrison County, Indiana, residence.
As the investigation continued, Detective Tucker interviewed Howard Dismang about the allegations but was then contacted by an adult female who also alleged inappropriate sexual contact between her and Dismang. Then, in May, a third female came forward with allegations of sexual misconduct that occurred when she was a child.
Detective Tucker submitted all information gathered during his investigation to the Harrison County Prosecutor and, as a result of the investigation, Detective Tucker requested an arrest warrant for Howard Dismang on the following charges:
- Child Molesting, where the defendant is at least 21 – Level One Felony (10 counts).
- Child Molesting, Fondling, or touching with a child under 14 Level 4 Felony (3 counts).
- Sexual Battery, Victim compelled by force or threat of force – Level 6 Felony (1 count).
- Child Molesting, intercourse, or deviant sex with a victim less than 14 and defendant at least 21 – Level A Felony (10 counts).
- Child Molesting, Level C Felony (1 count).
After his arrest, Howard Dismang was transported and remanded into the custody of the Harrison County Jail without incident.
Detective Tucker was assisted by case workers with the Indiana Department of Child Services