Homeowner Takes Action On Chimney Fire

Chimney safety

Last night, Napoleon firefighters responded to a chimney fire on County Road 100E. Fortunately, the homeowner took the proper action by calling the fire department immediately and then dispensing a fire extinguisher into the stove and closing the dampers tightly. This action draws the extinguishing agent up into the chimney, and it knocked the fire down considerably prior to our arrival.

If you burn wood, please be certain to perform a thorough cleaning and inspection of the entire chimney at least annually. Also, be sure to have properly operating dampers on your stove, and keep a minimum 5lb. ABC fire extinguisher available.

More from Local News

Events

Local News

December Indiana Employment Report

Unemployment rate fell

Bill allowing only hands-free use of cellphones introduced

However, there are exceptions made for single-swipe actions like navigation programs or answering phone calls.

Local Sports

Local Sport Wednesday JAN 25, 2022

SW PICKS UP WIN, SWITZ CO GIRLS WIN

Former Madison Coach And Longtime IHSAA Official Passes

Condolences To The Garner Family Wiki Country Will Miss You

47TH ANNUAL IHSAA GIRLS BASKETBALL SECTIONAL DRAWS ANNOUNCED

MADISON PLAYS FIRST ROUND / SOUTHWESTERN AND SHAWE GET BYES