This is the only information being released at this time.
(Scott County, Ind.) -In the early morning hours of May 5, 2021, deputies from the Scott County Sheriff's Office responded to a residence at 2975 Charlestown Road Lexington, IN, on a medical emergency. As officers arrived and began their investigation they were told that a gasoline powered generator was being used inside of the home without proper ventilation or air flow.
As a result Terri L. Hart, 51 of Lexington was pronounced deceased by the Scott County Coroner's Office. The cause of death is pending an Autopsy and toxicology however the preliminary investigation shows a possibility of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Four other persons were transported by EMS for further treatment from the following ages 23 years, 6 years, 4 years and 3 months. Two other adults were treated at the scene and not transported.
At this time the Scott County Sheriff's Office is conducting a non-criminal death investigation. No signs of foul play were found at the scene.
This is the only information being released at this time. When further information comes available it will be released.
The Scott County Sheriff's Office was assisted by the Lexington Fire Department, Scott County EMS, New Washington Ambulance Service, Air Methods Helicopter Service, Stat Flight 2, Scott County Emergency Management and the Scott County Coroner's Office.