Businesses that have been in operation for 50 or 100 years may apply.
(Indianapolis, Ind.) – The State of Indiana is accepting nominations for the Governor’s Half-Century and Century Business Awards.
The awards honor Hoosier businesses that have remained in operation for at least 50 to 100 years and have demonstrated a commitment to serving the community.
Qualifying criteria include:
- The business must have participated in the same line of work for the duration of its operations. If different, an explanation of the evolution into the current business must be provided on the nomination form.
- The business must have had continuous operations in Indiana for more than 50 or 100 years by December 31, 2020.
- The business must have had its base in the State of Indiana since it was founded.
- The business must not have previously received a Century or Half Century award from the State of Indiana.
- The business must recognize, acknowledge and agree that it is in full compliance with the Indiana Secretary of State, Department of Revenue, and the Department of Workforce Development by signing the application.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Due diligence and application acceptance begin this month.
Eligible companies are encouraged to complete the online application. The deadline to apply is March 31.
For more information, you can visit, the Indiana Economic Development Corporation website.