Check or update your voter registration status at GoVoteKY.com.
(Frankfort, Ky.) - Kentucky’s voter registration deadline is less than a week away.
Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes says county clerks' offices statewide will accept online and paper applications until 4:00 p.m. on Monday, April 23. The date is 30 days ahead of Kentucky’s May 22 primary election.
"We've made it easy to register to vote in Kentucky with GoVoteKY.com, and we are extremely proud of the portal's success. As of today, more than half a million people have used GoVoteKY.com to register, check or update their registration, or use the other voter tools," said Grimes. "I hope every Kentuckian who is not registered but is eligible will save time and go online to GoVoteKY.com to get registered before next week's deadline."
Voters may check their current registration status and where they vote with the Voter Information Center found at GoVoteKY.com.
To be eligible to vote, Kentuckians must:
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be a Kentucky resident for at least 28 days before Election Day.
- Be at least 18 years old on or before the General Election.
- Not be a convicted felon, or if convicted of a felony offense, must have obtained a restoration of civil rights.
- Not have been adjudged “mentally incompetent.”
- Not claim the right to vote anywhere outside Kentucky.