The City of Madison is pleased to announce the launch of its revised City website as of today at Noon. The re-designed website at www.madison-in.gov is mobile responsive, more intuitive, and easier to use for residents and City employees to update.
“Although our old site served us well for over five years, I am excited to see our revised website go ‘live’ for the public to see. Although most of the function of the website will stay the same, citizens will see a cleaner, modern, and refreshed look. With this opportunity, residents will also see updated content, pictures, and features being rolled out over the next few months, including a Current Projects page, which will keep community members up to date on some of Madison’s exciting new projects,” said Andrew Forrester, Community Relations Director for the City of Madison.
The City’s website has the following popular functions that carry over from the old website:
* Community Calendar, which allows any member of the public to add events.
* Request Tracker, allowing residents to submit issues such as pot holes and nuisance issues
* Online Bill Pay, through eGov Strategies for Water/Sewer payments
* Transparency Portal, for residents to access public documents
* Easy “Contact Us” page to connect to the right City departments and employees
The City of Madison has been in contract with CivicPlus since 2013, after winning the “Extreme Website Makeover” competition. Jefferson County Government recently switched to CivicPlus as well.